Rug cleaning is a great household chore. It is really not simply vacuuming and getting rid of dust which is trapped in the rug fibers. When the grime is difficult to eradicate, you might want to seek the assistance of a expert carpet cleaner especially if you have wall to wall carpets which takes hours to do on your own. However, if you have chosen to do the cleaning yourself, we're glad to offer you seven practical tips to consider in carpet cleaning:
1. Save time and energy by preparing ahead. Set up your rug washing supplies in one container and use a protective gown, apron, face mask and gloves for cleaning.
2. Read carefully the guidelines on the carpet cleaning products first before using them. Always follow package instructions to ensure safety.
3. Take out most of the home furniture and anything that obstructs the carpet surface. Let relatives leave the area as you clean the carpet.
4. Vacuum the carpet first to clear it of debris that is certainly caught on the carpet fibers.
5. Start cleaning from the surface farthest from the door. If you use liquid rug cleaning shampoo, set up the vacuum as you finish a portion of the space. Do the vacuuming at once and then dry well.
6. Carpet stains are common so you need to spend time in cleaning the stains and grime. A great option is to use vinegar or baking soda paste that can easily remove dirt and grime. You can use part vinegar and part water and place in a spray bottle; use this solution to soak the stain away.
7. Finish cleaning the rug and let everything dry before moving the furniture back.
It is not easy to do the rug cleaning yourself. However, if you think that you are not satisfied with your work and if the stains are really tough, next time you can always consider hiring a professional rug cleaner in Parkersburg, WV especially if you want to maintain the good quality of the carpet you bought. Remember that professional carpet cleaners have a lot of experience when it comes to the use of the right shampoo and other cleaning materials for any kinds of rugs. Find out more about a reliable rug cleaner in Parkersburg, WV. Call them now and let them help you.