Rug cleaning is a great household chore. It isn't simply vacuuming and getting rid of dust which is trapped in the carpet fibers. When the dirt and grime is hard to eliminate, you might need to seek the assistance of a professional carpet cleaner specifically if you have wall to wall rugs that can take hours to complete by yourself. However, for those who have made a decision to perform the cleaning yourself, we are glad to provide you with seven wise tips to consider in carpet cleaning:
1. Save time and energy by preparing ahead. Set up your rug washing materials in a single bucket and use a protective gown, apron, face mask and gloves for cleaning.
2. Read meticulously the instructions on the carpet cleaning products first before using them. Always follow package instructions to ensure safety.
3. Take out almost all of the home furniture and anything that obstructs the rug surface. Let relatives leave the area as you clean the rug.
4. Vacuum the rug first to clear it of dirt that is certainly caught on the rug fibers.
5. Start cleaning from the surface farthest from the entrance. Should you use liquid rug cleaning shampoo, set up the vacuum as you finish a portion of the space. Do the vacuuming at once and then dry well.
6. Rug stains are common so you need to spend time in cleaning the stains and grime. A great option is to use vinegar or baking soda paste that can easily remove grime. You can use part vinegar and part water and place in a spray bottle; use this solution to soak the stain away.
7. Finish cleaning the carpet and let everything dry before moving the furniture back.
It is not easy to do the rug cleaning yourself. However, if you think that you are not satisfied with your work and if the stains are really tough, next time you can always consider hiring a professional carpet cleaner in Parkersburg, WV especially if you want to maintain the good quality of the rug you bought. Remember that professional carpet cleaners have a lot of experience when it comes to the use of the right shampoo and other cleaning materials for any kinds of rugs. Find out more about a reliable carpet cleaner in Parkersburg, WV. Call them now and let them help you.