Carpet cleaning is a great household job. It's not simply vacuuming and getting rid of dirt which is stuck within the rug fiber. When the dirt and grime is difficult to remove, you might want to seek the assistance of a certified carpet cleaner especially if you have wall to wall carpeting which takes hours to do on your own. However, if you have made a decision to perform the cleaning on your own, we're glad to offer you seven smart tips to consider in carpet cleaning:
1. Save time and energy by getting ready ahead. Set up your carpet washing materials in a single bucket and use a protective gown, apron, face mask and gloves for cleaning.
2. Study meticulously the directions on the rug cleaning products first before using them. Always adhere to package guidelines to ensure safety.
3. Remove almost all of the home furniture and anything that blocks the rug surface. Let relatives leave the room as you clean the carpet.
4. Vacuum the carpet first to clear it of dirt that is caught on the rug fibers.
5. Start cleaning from the surface farthest from the entrance. If you use liquid rug cleaning shampoo, set up the vacuum as you finish a portion of the space. Do the vacuuming at once and then dry well.
6. Carpet stains are common so you need to spend time in cleaning the stains and grime. A great option is to use vinegar or baking soda paste that can easily remove dirt. You can use part vinegar and part water and place in a spray bottle; use this solution to soak the stain away.
7. Finish cleaning the rug and let everything dry before moving the furniture back.
It is not easy to do the carpet cleaning yourself. However, if you think that you are not satisfied with your work and if the stains are really tough, next time you can always consider hiring a professional carpet cleaner in Parkersburg, WV especially if you want to maintain the good quality of the rug you bought. Remember that professional carpet cleaners have a lot of experience when it comes to the use of the right shampoo and other cleaning materials for any kinds of rugs. Find out more about a reliable carpet cleaner in Parkersburg, WV. Call them now and let them help you.